When you are injured or sick, you want to receive medical attention and you want it to happen in a timely manner. In these situations, it is not always possible to book an appointment soon enough with your normal physician. However, if the issue is minor enough, you also don’t want to spend time in the Emergency Room, racking up huge medical expenses.
This is where urgent care comes into play. Here at Hill Family Medicine & Skin Care, we are a local urgent care in Bee Cave / Austin. We provide an array of medical services for those who need medical care right away. A few of the ailments and issues we can assist with include the following:
- Minor cuts and bruises
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Cough/cold/allergy/sore throat
- Skin foreign body removal
- Minor eye injuries
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin sores/infection
- Sleep disturbances
Remember, in the case of a medical emergency, contact your local emergency personnel by dialing 911.
What To Expect From Urgent Care
While no one enjoys visiting the doctor, when you are sick, injured, or otherwise in need of help, visiting an urgent care allows you to see a physician quickly and without hassle. When you stop in at our urgent care, you can expect the experience to be efficient and for our staff to treat you with care. While we provide efficient services, we never cut corners and we will always spend the time you need to go over any concerns you have. Whether you visit us due to an ear infection or a minor injury, you will always be treated with the utmost care.
When you visit our physicians, you can expect the experience to be centered around what you need.
What Should I Go To Urgent Care For?
When it comes to choosing whether or not you should visit your local urgent care clinic, there are a few things to keep in mind. While we can treat an array of illnesses and injuries, urgent care isn’t the right fit for every need. Urgent care is best for the following types of scenarios:
- A Minor Injury: Perhaps your child was injured during a football game or maybe you tripped down the stairs and are concerned about a bruise on your knee. Minor injuries are a good fit for urgent care. If the injury is severe, such as a compound fracture, it is best to head to the ER.
- A Common Infection: Common infections, such as urinary tract infections and ear infections, can be treated at urgent care. Rather than waiting in long lines at the ER, you can quickly be seen and find appropriate treatment at your local urgent care.
- Sore Throat Or Cold: If you have symptoms of a common cold and you can’t seem to shake the sickness, visiting urgent care can help you get to the root of the problem. Scheduling an appointment with our doctors allows you to be seen quickly and without the hassle of visiting a hospital.
These are just a few of the common scenarios that bring people to our urgent care clinic in Bee Cave. If you aren’t sure whether or not we can treat you, please don’t hesitate to contact our team to learn more about the urgent care services we provide.